History

The Carriage House Salon (formerly Snip-its) is located at 205 Main St. (Route 119) in the Groton Historic District. This residence, known as the Doctor Warren House, was built in 1810. The residence initially belonged to a long line of town doctors who practiced medicine and also resided in the home. It’s described in the historical records of Groton and the Massachusetts Historical Commission as  one of the older homesteads in Groton. Sometime in the early 1900s the building  was converted into a single family home with several businesses located in the adjoining rear of the structure. The location of the Carriage House Salon is in the original barn and stable building (outside to the left of the entrance you can still see the granite marker with a steel loop for tying up horses). For many years in the mid to late 1900s this was a gift shop. For the last 18 years our business has been called Snip-its, but has been renamed as The Carriage House Salon.

205 Main St. Groton, MA 01450 | 978-448-0044

  • Facebook Social Icon